The programme, ‘Supporting Civil Society Movement towards Free Public Health & Education Rights’ aims at building capacity of the members of VHSC and SMC/VEC and community for preparing village and block plans that ensure community’s rights to health and education. The broad objective is to enhance the community participation for the right to Health and Education. Through this programme, handholding support is also given to various stakeholders along with strengthening networks of CSOs and other state and national level networks. The three NGOs, viz; Child in Need Institute (CINI), Nav Bharat Jagriti Kendra (NBJK) and Society for Participatory Action and Reflection (SPAR) are jointly implementing the programme in Jharkhand. The programme is supported by the OXFAM INDIA.
- Sensitization of media in all 5 commissionaires (South Chotanagpur, North Chotanagpur, Kolhan, Palamau and Santhal Pargana) on the themes: Health and Education. As a result of which, ‘space’ for conducting health and education related issues in news paper publishing including vernacular media was made.
- Facilitated district level SMC federation in all three project districts West Singhbhum, Gumla and Hazaribagh resulted in strengthening the process of demand for implementation of RTE Act in Jharkhand.
- In all three intervention districts pressure group raised the district level issues related to health and education during districts (Hazaribgha, Gumla and West Singhbhum) level interface meetings with concerned government officials. As a result of that few positive changes has been recorded like deputation of a doctor in CHC as per the demand, District Superintendent of Education Gumla deputed an officer to see the matters related to 25% reservation in the schools in the Gumla district.
- In West Singbhum government officials took the interest in concept of MLE (Multi Lingual Education) and ADPO (Assistant District Programme Officer) from education department ensured his technical support towards the same.
- Grass root level service delivery systems related to health and education monitored by village level organsations like PRIs, SHG, SMCs and VHSNCs in the 60 project villages in all three intervention districts.
- 69 school development plans (23 from CINI, 20 from NBJK & 26 by SPAR) have been prepared and submitted at the block level.